If you are an international student seeking to study on scholarship in a US university, this is your opportunity. The Western Illinois University’s International Commitment Scholarship is for qualified undergraduate and graduate students who are not US citizens.
- Must complete the application process and be accepted into a degree program at Western Illinois University
- Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA (confirmed by WIU International Admissions Office)
- Full-time enrollment (a minimum of 12 semester hours undergraduate and 9 semester hours graduate) per semester
- Required to use University Housing options (some exceptions may apply)
- Must be newly admitted undergraduate or graduate, non-sponsored international student enrolling in WIU for the first time
The scholarship will be awarded to 20 awardees, each receiving $3000. $1,500 will be awarded fall semester and $1,500 will be awarded spring semester. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years OR two years for graduate students OR until student receives a degree, whichever comes first.
International Commitment Scholarship is automatically awarded to students who qualify upon acceptance into WIU.
For more information, visit this page
Application ends October 1st, 2016.