Applications are on for the University of Sussex Chancellor’s doctoral International Research Scholarships in the field of arts and humanities .
The scholarship covers fees and provides a stipend that matches that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council.
Applicants must apply for a PhD in one of the following Schools at the University of Sussex:
- School of English
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying student and able to commence their PhD in September 2017.
Applicants will need to complete TWO online applications in order to be considered for a scholarship:
1. Applicants must apply online for a PhD at Sussex (the deadline for applications has yet to be confirmed).
2. Applicants must complete a separate online application for the scholarship (the deadline for applications has yet to be confirmed).
When completing the scholarship application applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- Project Summary (no longer than 2 sides of A4 and needs to outline the overall goals and proposed timeline of the proposed research project. It must contain details of any language training and fieldwork that will be necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- Two references (at least one must be an academic reference)
In addition, applicants will need to provide their University of Sussex application number when completing the scholarship application form (the application number will be provided once applicants have applied for a PhD).
For more information, visit the official page.