The Finnish Government is offering scholarships to to young researchers from all academic fields to pursue Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
A monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
The scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
- USA (please see the section Fulbright-CIMO grants on the Fulbright Online website)
Other Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions‘)
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the appropriate authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact.
Application closes 15th February, 2017.
For more information, visit the official page.