AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD) is in need of a proactive and experienced Security Manager to join its international and dynamic team in Brussels. Job location is Brussels, Belgium.
Under the guidance of the Director for Defence and Security, the Security Manager shall:
- Support the ASD Security Business Unit and related working bodies;
- Support and advise the Defence and Security Director Monitor;
- Assess EU security policies and contribute to the development of common industry positions;
- Contribute to ASD’s outreach and advocacy;
- Ensure synergies and cooperation with other ASD working groups.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree preferably in European Affairs or equivalent, with specialisation in Security (gained through academic or professional experience);
- Very good knowledge of EU Security Policies and EU decision making processes;
- Experience related to the EU institutional environment and/or the security industry is an advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Good editing and drafting capacity;
- Precise, analytical and contextual thinking;
- Good public speaking and communication skills;
- Political sensitivity;
- Capacity to learn fast, be flexible and think ahead;
- Good team player and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in English and upper-intermediate in French;
- Computer literate (very good Internet research and Microsoft Office skills).
A full-time job in a dynamic and challenging environment with an attractive employment contract, including benefits (lunch vouchers, insurance and public transport). Starting date: As soon as possible.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their CVs and cover letters in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Security”.
Application closes October 28th, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.