Global Leadership Adventures are currently looking for a Field Manager. Jon location is Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Duties and Responsibilities
Due to the dynamic nature of our business, all staff members may be asked to assume tasks and responsibilities outside of their job description. It is imperative that the person hired for this role is flexible, eager to pitch-in where needed, and is ready to solve problems and contribute to a successful experience that delivers business objectives. This will often involve working outside of office hours, including, at times, evenings and weekends.
The Country Field Manager will oversee all program development, implementation and management of new and existing partnerships located in Asia. Management of programs includes the following:
Programming & Budgeting: 50%
- 30% – Collaborate with stakeholders to support the growth and development of International Programs throughout Thailand and other countries in Southeast Asia. Including but not limited to:
Research, negotiate and maintain contracts with key suppliers and partners (e.g. transport, lodging, food, activities) per GLA Universal Standards. You will be required to travel for site visits and ongoing support.
Build and manage comprehensive budgets that account for variables in programming under the guidance of Regional Director
Build safe and engaging program itineraries that appeal to teenagers with a balance of community service, cultural immersion, and adventure
Identify areas of improvement for existing community service projects and seek alternative projects or community-based organizations, as needed
Implement and maintain all safety protocols and procedures as directed by GLA Universal Standards
Update tools to communicate program content to Headquarters year round
- 5% – Follow and respond to any U.S. State Department travel alerts for your countries
Regularly update Headquarters on program changes that must occur due to environmental or civil unrest
- 15% – Maintain relationshipswith program partners throughout the year, including but not limited to:
Site visits, as needed, to act as a sounding board, make final decisions and provide hands-on support
Debrief with stakeholders at the end of the season and support local partners in making changes and attaining those goals the following year
Program Staff Hiring, Training and Support: 50%
- 15% – Assist in recruitment, interviews, and onboarding of Seasonal Program Staff prior to their arrival in country
- 15% – Facilitate the training of Program Directors and Mentors assigned to your regions
- Supervise and support seasonal staff during summer programming:
Ensure seasonal staff follow policies and procedures
Offer ongoing feedback and support
Provide emergency on-call support which includes medical, mental health, behavioral, logistical, natural disaster, etc
Check-in calls and troubleshooting with Program Directors and Mentors
Respond to staff disciplinary actions under guidance of Regional Director
- 5% – Provide ongoing communication – draft weekly program reports to update entire team
- 5% – Coordinate student, staff and director evaluations for the portfolio of programs
- 10% – Program wrap up – Propose programmatic and curricular changes accounting for student and staff evaluations and budgetary implications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years living abroad in Asia; preferably Thailand.
- Two years working in an international, multi-cultural work setting
- Two years of leadership experience in education, experiential education and/or travel management.
- Two years of experience managing and coaching staff
- Two years of experience building and managing budgets greater than $100,000
- Extensive network and connections within Asia, preferably Thailand.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and flexibility with advanced written and verbal communication skills in both English and Thai.
- Must be familiar with software programs; Word, Excel, etc.
- Have a strong understanding of cultural, political, and operational challenges within the region.
Ideal candidates understand the power of cross cultural immersion. You are a believer in personal growth and development and want to support those around you to achieve the same. You are positive and think outside of the box when presented with challenges. You genuinely enjoy connecting cross culturally and are patient in your communication. In addition to being invigorated by travel, you also have:
- Experience running international service-learning programs
- Excellent networking skills
- Experience working with students
Position and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, remote, contracted position. You will be responsible for providing your own office environment in your region which must have access to internet, Skype, working computer and cell phone with international calling capability at a minimum.
You will engage in program development throughout Asia on an ongoing basis. During this time, your transportation, food, and lodging will be covered.
You will travel to the United States 1-2 times a year to engage with the headquarters office.
Your typical days of operation will be Monday through Friday. You have flexibility to set your own hours as long as you prioritize weekly meetings with Headquarters to maintain communication.
As an independent contractor it will be your responsibility to comply with local labor laws, including requirements for holidays, insurance, and other applicable policies. Compensation for your work is commensurate with experience. In addition to a fun work environment with a rapidly growing company you can believe in, we offer the following benefits:
- All expenses paid while traveling
- Flexible schedule
- A positive social and professional work community
- Opportunity to grow professionally within a quickly growing organization
- Opportunity to work with individuals committed to making a positive change in the world
Interested and qualified candidates are to send cover letter (Your cover letter should highlight your relevant experience and connections in the region as well as personnel and program management background.) and resume with the job title in the description to email@example.com
Application deadline is November 1 , 2016.