Springer Nature, one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers is currently looking for a Research Editor. Job location is London.
- Researching and updating key changes in governments and elections.
- Researching global statistical and general information from print and online resources, correctly interpreting dense amounts of data and writing and revising entries in individual fields as required.
- Contributing to overall product and workflow development processes.
- Owning the content management systems, IT processes and data organization.
- Identifying external contributors and freelancers for key and specialist contributions as required.
- For specific material identified by the Publisher as requiring updating, identifying best sources and initiating research.
- Co-ordinating key aspects of book and online production alongside the Publisher and the Sales, Marketing and Production teams.
- Ensuring that Statesman’s Yearbook Online is updated appropriately and successfully on a regular basis throughout the year, including maintenance of the chronologies.
- Commissioning and producing online editorial content and to identify and develop new concepts for the SYB website.
- Liaising with internal colleagues and contacts in India on regular updating and development of website.
- Assisting in other aspects of SYB work at different times of the year as and when necessary.
- Preferably educated to postgraduate or advanced degree in Political Science or International Relations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance priorities
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative as well as to supervise external or offshore contacts as required if necessary
- Self-motivated with a calm, professional approach and a can-do attitude
- Basic HTML/XML knowledge
- Basic understanding of and experience with editorial content management systems
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Good working knowledge of French, with some Spanish an advantage
- Existing experience of academic reference publishing is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the online application link to apply for this job.
Deadline is October 25th, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.