WindEurope is currently seeking the services of an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will collaborate with the Head of Events in coordinating the operations of all WindEurope events. Job location is Brussels, Belgium.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate in close collaboration with the Head of Events the catering project for WindEurope large events (lunch, coffee breaks, sponsored stand parties, office catering, etc.) and liaise with the caterer to develop floor plans and agree on operational handling at the event;
- Manage and coordinate hostesses, cloakroom and security staff for WindEurope large events;
- Manage and coordinate social events (Conference dinner, VIP lunch, Opening reception, Members’ reception, etc.) and benchmark with other events to propose innovative formats;
- Work together with the Head of Events to select an official accommodation agency and coordinate the accommodation offer with the selected supplier;
- Compile the hotel list for WindEurope staff and suppliers;
- Manage the logistical part and provide on-site support for WindEurope project workshops, Technology workshops, public debates and special events;
- Coordinate site inspection trips when required: agenda drafting and travel and accommodation booking for the team members accordingly;
- Provide support in cost analysis for any sponsorship related matters;
- Work on any other ad hoc project if required.
- Support Head of Events and Sales in monitoring the relevant budget forecasts and report to Head of Events if any deviations.
At least 3 years relevant event manager experience working for a PCO and/or in a corporate communications, events and/or marketing department.
Bachelor and/or Master degree, preferably in Marketing and Communication or Tourism/Event Management but work experience is a valuable alternative.
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Proactive and dynamic with a good common sense;
- Willing to carry out a great variety of tasks/solution oriented;
- Capable of dealing with stress and many different cultures/ways of working.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- All other EU languages are an asset.
Interested and qualified applicants are to send your CV and a cover letter by 1st December 2016 to email@example.com with reference code: WindEurope/2016/11
Deadline is December 1st, 2016.
For more information, read the official publication.