Syracuse University is seeking to employ a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the Moynihan Institute’s Transnational NGO Initiative. Job location is Syracuse New York City, USA.
• Manage tasks related to a number of different Executive Education training programs (Leadership Institute, Senior NGO Leader Development Program, India Program Training, China programs, and others). This includes marketing communication (web, email, reaching out to clients), curriculum development, engagement of faculty who present in programs, conference logistics (travel, venue rental, participant support, technology support), and follow up including alumni interaction.
• Provide administrative support and technical expertise (research methods and analysis) for sponsored applied research and evaluation projects for clients such as Save the Children, Amnesty International, Near East Foundation.
• Provide administrative support to the Moynihan Institute’s Transnational NGO Initiative that includes TNGO practitioner speaker series, visiting fellows, graduate student working groups, and capstone projects.
• Provide coordination support for NGO networks engagement (Interaction, NGOchange group, LINGO) that market the School and help us develop client relationships.
• Manage and supervise the work of support team, graduate assistants, and volunteers who assist with training research and evaluation programs.
• Other duties as assigned
• The minimum educational experience is a Bachelor’s degree with at least three to five years of professional experience.
• A master’s degree in public administration and/or international relations is preferred.
• There are no specific designations, licenses, or registrations required.
Job Specific Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated knowledge and skills in the fields of public administration and/or international relations inclusive of course work and practical experience with civil society and non-government organizations. Their conceptual knowledge of these fields are critical to the role they play in program design and curriculum development.
• Must also have expertise in program management and superior skills in organization and working in teams.
Interested and qualified applicants are to visit the online application portal to apply for this job.
For more information, visit the official page.