Applications are invited, especially from candidates in the East African Community Partner States for entry into the postgraduate study programmes in law (LLM or PhD) offered by the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) starting on 1 October 2017.
Applications are invited especially from candidates from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
- for the LLM programme: a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised higher learning institutions.
- for the PhD programme: an excellent LLM degree from a recognised institution
The language of instruction in the School of Law is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
Scholarships are granted only to applicants from EAC countries and will cover:
- the university fees for the LLM/PhD programme
- a reasonable health insurance
- an annual stipend of 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for non-Tanzanians
- a housing allowance of 30 EUR per month
- a once-off research grant of 460 EUR for LLM and 920 EUR for PhD
How to Apply: The applicant must register online through the TGCL website.
Deadline: 17th February, 2017.
For more information visit the official site: