The USC Annenberg School’s Center on Communication Leadership & Policy is seeking an exceptional recent graduate as a full-time Junior Fellow working on a range of issues including the role of media and technology in democracy, the future of journalism, and understanding and bridging the political divide. The Junior Fellow will work closely with CCLP Director and University Professor Geoffrey Cowan, associate director Ev Boyle, and CCLP’s Senior and Faculty Fellows. The Fellow will provide administrative and research support for public events, policy studies, Professor Cowan’s classes at USC, and other programmatic activities. The junior fellow will also produce and maintain content on the Center’s web site, blog, social media sites and other publications.
- Ideal applicants will hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, communication, international relations, political science, history, public relations, or a related field.
- Must be highly organized and possess exceptional research and communication skills.
- Should possess superior academic performance, and solid knowledge of and passion for the areas in which CCLP is engaged.
Note that Occasional travel, night and weekend work are required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experienceMinimum Qualifications
Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative support services
Applications should be submitted via jobs.usc.edu and should include the following:
- Resume or CV https://jobs.usc.edu/login
- A brief essay/cover letter (about one page) explaining why you are interested in this position and how you expect to contribute
- A couple examples of your writing and research (e.g. a paper from class, articles or blog posts) Optionally, based on the topics and themes that our center works on, offer 1-2 proposals each for;
- (a) discussion topics and panelists for on-campus conversations that could be organized by CCLP; and
- (b) research projects that we could undertake
Letter of Reference 1
Letter of Reference 2
Letter of Reference 3
For more details on job position, visit the official site