University of Ontario Institute of Technology is offering Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) to pursue PhD programme. International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program is a significant initiative to attract more of the best qualified international students to Ontario for PhD studies. This program supports the 2010 Open Ontario Commitment to increase the number of international students in Ontario while maintaining spaces for qualified domestic students.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship of $40,000 annually and is renewable for up to a total of four years subject to academic performance and availability of funding. Renewal beyond the first year requires a minimum GPA of A-minus in all.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
In order to be eligible for an OTS, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student:
- International students are students who have received a temporary resident visa as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) on the first day of class.
- Domestic and refugee students who are eligible for government financial assistance (e.g., under the Ontario Student Assistance Program [OSAP], or whose enrolment is counted for the purpose of calculating the institution’s operating grants, etc.) are ineligible to receive an OTS.
- Must meet English language proficiency requirements at the time of application.
- Must intend to pursue full-time graduate studies at an eligible Ontario university at the doctoral level.
Electronic documents will be accepted. However, all originals must be submitted via post and also via e-mail.
- Bachelor’s degree transcript(s)
- Master’s degree transcript(s)*
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) or resumé
- Proof of English Proficiency
- 2017-18 OTS letter of support from proposed supervisor
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is February 1, 2017.
For more information, visit the official site.