The Danish Shipowners’ Association is seeking a new Director for EU Affairs to represent the interests of Denmark’s shipping companies in Brussels.
As Director for EU Affairs you will be based in Brussels and lead a small team of talented and dedicated individuals. You will be in charge of Danish shipowners’ strategy and lobby activities in the EU in close collaboration with colleagues in Copenhagen. You will represent the interests of Danish shipping companies in various European associations, in the media and in meetings with the key stakeholders of the European institutions.
- University degree in political science, law, economics or other relevant fields.
- A 5-7 years of experience in EU public affairs from a similar position, EU consultancy or EU institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills and fluency in Danish.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the political and procedural workings of the EU institutions.
- Experience in linking up with government and industry officials, and a record of successfully influencing the outcome of legislation or regulatory policy.
- Experience with media outreach and the ability to communicate in a straightforward manner, while retaining key elements in the message.
- The ability to collaborate across many fields and organizations as you are expected to cover a broad range of topics from environmental and climate issues to trade and maritime affairs.
- An existing network amongst EU stakeholders or the ability to quickly create one, given that you are outgoing and like to develop new relationships.
- A positive, proactive and collaborative attitude with a strong individual drive, which helps you execute and get things done.
- Management experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their applications in English with CV and relevant attachments should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill in the subject with “Secretariat EU office”.
Applications are to be sent not later than Wednesday, 15 February 2017.
For ore information, visit the official page.