The Global Political Trends Center is currently looking for a Project Assistant to provide management and administrative support to its staff. Job location is Istanbul, Turkey.
· Overseeing GPoT Center’s existing projects on issues related to Turkish foreign policy
· Writing project proposals and developing budgets
· Engaging in communication with partner organizations abroad
· Arranging all necessary logistics for the Center’s events in Turkey and abroad
· Editing, transcribing and translating internal reports and other texts
· Updating GPoT Center’s website and social media pages
The position may also allow the candidate to carry out research in her/his preferred field, with opportunity to publish their work.
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
· Solid understanding of issues concerning Turkish foreign policy as well as larger global issues and themes
· Diplomatic, ability to multi-task, ability to handle diverse responsibilities, excellent team-player
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Turkish, additional language skills (especially relevant to Turkish foreign policy) a plus
· Computer proficient
· Previous experience with think-tanks or NGOs is an asset
· Educational background in International Relation, Political Science, or other relevant social science desirable
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their resume in English (if possible in Turkish) and a short cover letter (in English or Turkish, no longer than one page, Arial 11) to email@example.com. And the email subject line must be formatted as: Application for Project Assistant Position – February 2017.
Apply on or before 20 February 2017