The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a program for young and mid-career professionals sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The program enables chosen applicants to be placed at eighteen selected U.S. universities, which serve as their academic and professional base.
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
: Applicants eligible for this fellowship must
- Ghanaian citizen and resident of Ghana during the time of application.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience post undergraduate study.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit a Letter of Interest and CV to email@example.com and include details about their current position, proposed area of study, vision for their career and career objectives.
Deadline: The application period is January – March every year..
For more information, visit the official site.