The Ruth First Educational Trust is seeking applications for its Scholarship program to enable southern African students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
- Full payment of tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- one return air ticket from the home country to the UK and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded accommodation and meals at St Chad’s College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- a contribution to the cost of sending belongings home before departure.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course (further conditions apply to the MBA programme), and
- not hold a Master’s degree, nor have previously studied at a university outside southern Africa, and
- show evidence of active involvement in and commitment to voluntary work for the benefit of causes such as rural or urban community development; young people or educational projects; charitable organizations; health or AIDS awareness projects; student welfare or guidance. If you have a paid job that involves working in such areas, you should show evidence of leadership and commitment beyond the requirements of the job.
How to Apply: Application forms (6 pages plus 2 referee report forms) have been sent to universities in South Africa and other southern African countries. You may download the form as a Word document here and type into the boxes. The application and references may be submitted as e-mail attachments. Academic results transcripts should be sent by post, or by e-mail as scans of the original documents (please compress image files sent electronically to a size under 1 MB).
Deadline: 9th March 2017.
For more information, visit the official site.