The Hugh le May Fellowship is available in alternate years to senior scholars who wish to devote themselves to advanced work in one of the following subjects listed below.
The Fellowship comprises:
- A direct return economy class airfare from the Fellow’s place of residence.
- University accommodation with electricity and water included.
- R5000.00 monthly cash stipend to supplement the Fellow’s usual source of income, or if accompanied by a partner R7500.00 per month cash stipend.
- If the Fellow accepts the appointment for at least four months and is accompanied by a partner, the partner’s return economy airfare will also be paid.
- The length of the Fellowship may be extended by mutual agreement and subject to the availability of funds.\
Only qualified applicants should apply i.e. If you have obtained your PhD in the last 5 years please do not submit an application. Rather apply for the Rhodes University Post-Doctoral fellowship or the Andrew W. Mellon Post-Doctoral fellowship.
- The length of the Fellowship may be extended by mutual agreement and subject to the availability of funds.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship, the Fellow will be required to present a report on the work undertaken. The Fellow will be required to appropriately acknowledge the Fellowship and Rhodes University in all publications emanating from the period of the Fellowship.
How to apply: : Hugh le May Application should be submitted by 31st August 2017. Telephone +27 (46) 603 8936 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 31st August 2017.
For more information, visit the official site.