Thomson Reuters needs a Headline News Researcher who is fluent in Japanese.
• Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards.
• Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from local language into English
• Search through updated stories and translated the same from English into Japanese
• Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including stock exchange and third party agency
• Build and maintain contacts and sources to develop deep subject expertise. Work closely with Specialists to ensure data enhancement requirements are raised, prioritized, sized and progressed
• Use appropriate language skills to understand and source financial information. Build up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices in relevant markets
• Work with regional colleagues to identify gaps in data content and work within boundaries of formal content enhancement processes to meet client needs
• Assist in the preparation and engagement for the regional/market integration plan
• Promote continuous improvement through research and analysis of queries and data quality control
• Graduate or flexible student (journalism degree/overseas students with long time experience in Japan is preferable – or equivalent experience)
• Fluency in English and Japanese. Native speaker level on written Japanese is plus
• An ability to write clearly and quickly to meet Reuters reporting standards and principles with professional written Japanese
• A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation.
• Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly for multiple markets
• Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary will be a plus, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly.
• An ability to work under time pressure and undertake shift work
• An ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare
- Company social incentives
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
Qualified and interested candidates are to complete application HERE
To get more detail on job description visit the official page