The Population Council calls out for candidates who are qualified to apply for the position of a Communications Specialist – Digital, who has has a track record of developing successful online communications campaigns, is enthusiastic and hard-working, has excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills, experience with social media and web analytics, and 3-5 years related experience.
- Works with members of the external relations team to set strategic online goals; develops and implements digital campaigns and strategies across email, web, multimedia and social media platforms.
- Develops and leads annual review and update for website; works with communications team to ensure current high-quality written content across the platform.
- Works with communications team to set standards and criteria for website content.
- Works with philanthropy team to use online strategy to support fundraising goals.
- Develops and manages editorial calendar for website and newsletters; writes content.
- Maintains and updates the Council’s email lists and identify opportunities to grow lists.
- Tracks, gathers, and analyzes user data; explores opportunities to increase website traffic, social media presence, newsletter readership, and online giving.
- Works closely with communications team to monitor media and social media and make recommendations for engagement.
- Creates ideas to maximize Google grants portfolio and online ad buys.
- Serves as point of contact for digital vendors.
- Leads web communications training workshops for staff and supports senior leadership with social accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Proven track record of implementing successful online communications tactics for comparable programs or organizations.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; superior attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically, set priorities and manage concurrent projects, handle pressure, manage time effectively, exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility for seeing projects through to timely and successful completion.
- Self-motivated; willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and familiarity with web writing and other content development for the Internet.
- Ability to keep up with technology in quickly changing environment.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment and demonstrated interest in international development.
- Willingness to travel – domestic and international (<10%).
Applicants are to fill in their details in the form made available on this LINK.
Visit the official site to get more details on job description.