The International Council for Science (ICSU) is seeking a part-time Social Media/Web Editor for a 6-month replacement.
ICSU is a non-governmental scientific organization with a global membership. ICSU members include 122 national scientific bodies (mostly National Academies of Science), 31 International Scientific Unions, and 23 International Scientific Associates. ICSU’s activities focus on three areas:
- International Research Collaboration;
- Science for Policy;
- Universality of Science.
Job Responsibilities: The job responsibilities include; Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Social Media/Web Editor manages the organization’s overall digital image and its website. This covers social media accounts, newsletter, regular communications with members such as surveys and information updates, content creation and editing, and providing communications support to events and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a general interest in science, especially sustainability science, the environment, and science for policy issues;
- At least 2/3 years’ experience in one or more of these areas: internal/external communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs, online advocacy, journalism;
- Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively using social media for impact, especially Twitter and Facebook. Web management experience including familiarity with CMS software, especially WordPress;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign software and HTML/CSS is a plus;
- Skills in web design, online typography and photography are a plus.
- Capacity to work productively and contribute across different teams;
- Excellent writing skills in English and ability to produce engaging content around complex issues in international science management and science policy;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a constantly changing workflow;
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders such as ICSU members, partner organizations and the media;
- Experience living or working internationally is a plus.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send an e-mail to email@example.com
For more information, visit the official site.