The Global Parliament of Mayors (GPM) is a governance body of, by and for mayors from all continents. It builds on the experience, expertise and leadership of mayors in tackling local challenges resulting from global problems. At the same time, it brings local knowledge to the table and thus participates actively in global strategy debates and underscores the need for practical, action oriented solutions.
- BA is required, ideally in the social sciences; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of city or municipal politics and policy
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in politics and policy on an urban level is required
- Management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language is useful
- Presentation skills
- Literacy in Microsoft Office suite, Google products, and standard Internet tools.
- Working with Dr Benjamin Barber as Chair of the GPM Consultative Committee and Member of the GPM Steering Committee on strategy and day-to-day delivery of the GPM program; providing political analysis to Dr. Barber as appropriate, commensurate with personal experience in politics and government
- Writing and developing original documents and correspondence under the oversight of Dr Barber and Consultative Committee team
- Managing relationships with mayoral offices (staffers, international relations, press) around the world through written and verbal communication (both via phone or Skype and in-person), coordinating work with the rest of the GPM team
- Coordinating with the GPM Secretariat on GPM planning, agendas and logistics with external organizations, mayors associations, intercity associations, stakeholders, academic supporters
- Coordinating with the GPM Secretariat on GPM events including the proposed June 2017 Chicago Forum for Global Cities partnership, the second convening of the GPM in Fall 2017, a Los Angeles/Mexico City Cross Border event, and further events as agreed with the Steering Committee and Consultative Committee.
- Overseeing general program administration, including crucial maintenance of project databases and contact lists; this work involves managing office staff, researchers and interns
- Liaising with Dr. Barber’s Executive Assistant on relevant the day-to-day operations of the GPM Project NY office.
How to apply: Applications are submitted via : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Apply before Apr-28-2017.
For more information, visit the official page.