The ALC is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Peace Security & Development Fellowships for African Scholars for 2017/2018.
Scholarship Benefits: This is a fully funded opportunity, not including any visa application and processing costs. Funds will be made available to cover tuition, subsistence in the UK and Africa, accommodation, research-related costs, and all travel expenses related to the programme. However, successful applicants are expected to find their own accommodation both in the UK and Africa. In the UK successful candidates will be able to apply for University of London accommodation, and they can also make their own accommodation arrangements.
- In order to be considered eligible, candidates must have citizenship in an African country.
- Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents prior to acceptance.
- The competition is open only to junior faculty members based in universities in Africa from departments of political science; international relations; history; law; development studies; peace; security and conflict studies, and related departments.
- Candidates need to demonstrate an interest in pursuing careers in the field of peace, security and development. Previous study or engagement with the issues of security and development is not required. However candidates must demonstrate a basic familiarity with these issues.
- Candidates must additionally be able to demonstrate capacity to undertake research on issues relating to peace and security in Africa. Successful candidates will be attached to a Research Cluster where they will work with ALC Research Associates and Senior Research Fellows to undertake research on select aspects of the ALC Research Agenda on “Future Peace and the Role of the State in Africa”.
- Candidates will be expected to have a clear plan on how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon returning to their countries and academic institutions.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following values during the application phase: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of excellence; and respect for all forms of diversity.
How to apply: Applicants to the Fellowship Programme must make individual applications to the MSc Security, Leadership and Society by 23:59 hrs, Sunday 30th April 2017.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 23:59 hrs, Sunday 30th April 2017.
For more information, visit the official site.