The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to design and deliver digital campaigns using appropriate online media;
- Experience of communicating through a range of social media platforms;
- Ability to evaluate digital activitities;
- Strong news sense and understanding of the EU and of the UK government.
- French or other European language;
- Knowledge and experience of managing websites using a Content Management System;
- Experience of knowledge of external communications in an international context;
- Strong interest in social media trends;
- Previous experiences working with the press or media.
- Deliver our digital communication strategy as part of the overarching communications strategy, deploying a range of digital communication tools. Contribute to the successful delivery of strategy campaigns through engaging with UKRep and Whitehall departments; advising and encouraging colleagues on the best use of digital communications;
- Manage the UK Representation’s Twitter account, creating and providing audiovisual content (photos, videos, infographics) for use online. Provide strategic oversight and advice to senior staff who run their own Twitter Twitter accounts and managing and overseeing daily monitoring of digital and social media;
- Evaluate the success of digital communications activities through monthly and ad hoc analysis;
- Manage the UK Representation’s website, updating it on a regular basis;
- Press support to the press team;
- Develop strong working relationships with digital communications officers in institutions, member states and third country missions.
Application deadline: 17 April 2017
How to Apply: Applications are submitted here.