The Principal Manager, under the leadership of the Head of EU Representative Office, coordinates the Bank’s wide ranging relations with the EU institutions in Brussels, with a view to promote the Bank’s interests and deepen and broaden its level of engagement in areas of relevance for the Bank.
The Principal Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of EU Representative Office and will notably (main responsibilities):
- Monitor and analyse emerging strategic, policy, legal and financial developments with a bearing on the Bank’s mission and operations; and advice Bank colleagues;
- Monitor institutional developments within the EU institutions, with a focus on the European Commission including both thematic and geographic Directorate Generals;
- Contribute to development of effective EBRD inputs into relevant EU papers, processes and country/regional strategies by preparing reports and notes for management, inputs for communication materials and events, and substantive briefing for visits;
- Support the Head of the Office in developing and implementing stakeholder engagement plans and lobbying efforts around key issues and developments of relevance to the Bank. Maintain a structured policy calendar to ensure EBRD awareness and engagement where relevant;
- A degree from a leading university and a post-graduate degree in a relevant field, such as finance, economics, international relations, international development aid, etc.
- A demonstrable history of relevant professional work experience, preferably in an international development or finance institution.
- Strong working familiarity with EU institutions and with EU policy-making processes, preferably gained from substantive work experience in the EU institutions in an area of relevance to the EBRD, Good knowledge of EU external relations policies and of EU internal policies of relevance to the Bank.
- A good understanding of economic and financial issues, sufficient to understand and effectively represent the Bank and its operations. Knowledge of the EBRD region of operations an advantage.
- Strong policy research and analytical skills
Application Deadline: April 25th 2017.
For more information, visit the official page.