Bridgewater State University’s Office of Study Abroad is committed to advocating for our students, promoting international and intercultural understanding, and advancing academic learning. We promote and support international education through opportunities such as semesters abroad, travel courses, study away programs, international student teaching, international internships and global service-learning programs. Our office provides study abroad advising, sponsors educational activities, and coordinates pre-departure and re-entry programming for our students.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 2-4 years of related professional experience in a study abroad program.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Good interpersonal skills are essential.
• Knowledge of higher education principals and study abroad best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to work in stressful, high-paced situations required. Position requires sensitivity to human concerns and student needs, as well as flexibility, patience, and professional integrity.
• Master’s degree in global studies, international higher education, international affairs, student affairs or other related discipline.
• Prior study abroad and/or international work, internship or living experiences.
• Proficiency in a second language.
• Knowledge of Banner and Degree Works.
• Working knowledge of study abroad enrollment management platforms.
Job Responsibilities: Assist the director with day-to-day management of the Study Abroad Office and implementation of related programs, policies, budgets and initiatives.
• Provide academic and program advising to students participating on study abroad programs.
• Manage study abroad enrollment for BSU travel courses and semester programs.
• Develop a communication and outreach plan for student recruitment, enrollment and success that includes comprehensive annual campus and social media campaigns.
• Develop, execute and assess an annual calendar of related study abroad programs, events, and workshops.
• Assist the director with managing the annual operating and program budgets.
• Provide programming support to the International Teacher Placement Program.
• Coordinate and collaborate with BSU academic, student and financial divisions and departments relevant to study abroad program management and issues.
• Develop, manage and assess the Study Abroad Student Alumni Ambassador Program.
• Provide day-to-day supervision of study abroad student staff including graduate assistant and student workers.
How to apply: Applications are submitted online.
For more information, visit the official site.