In cooperation with the DAAD, the Department of Philology at the Westfälische Wilhelms-University in Munster is offering two scholarships for interested and qualified international doctoral candidates in the area of literary studies starting October 1st, 2018.
Scholarship Benefits: Each DAAD scholarship in this programme comprises funding for up to three years or up to four years for applicants coming from developing or emerging countries.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- A qualifying degree at the level of Master/Magister/Staatsexamen (minimum grade: “gut”/B), in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree (minimum grade: “sehr gut”/A)
- Very good German language skills are recommended, as the courses at the GSPoL are taught in German
- At the time of the application, the last final exam should have taken place during the past six years
- At the time of the application, the applicant should not have resided in Germany for more than fifteen months.
How to apply:
: Applications must be sent via e-mail and also by post.
Applications for the Graduate School must be submitted in written form (in English or German, preferably via e-mail in one PDF file) and should include:
- A letter of motivation explaining the application at the GSPoL
- Curriculum vitae (without photograph)
- Proof that the applicant has completed a qualifying course of studies – the degree awarded must at least be 2,0 (B) or better (according to § 5, Abs. 1 and 2 of the study regulations)
- Proof of German language skills according to appendix A (Anhang A) of the study regula-tions1
- A detailed project proposal of the planned dissertation of about 10 pages in length, including a description of aims and planned topics, relevance within literary scholarship and method of research, as well as a detailed work and time schedule and a bibliography.
Deadline: November 30, 2017.
For more information, visit the official site.