To coordinate on a full time basis all security-related requirements for the Asian Development Bank’s staff, facilities and operations in Afghanistan. To provide advice, guidance, support and training to ensure security at Afghanistan Resident Mission (AFRM) is maintained at an appropriate level as well as responding to emergency situations and extending assistance to mission travelers and staff members.
is is a three-year special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term.
a. Security Services
- Monitor and analyze the political and security situation in Afghanistan and neighboring countries in order to identify and assess potential threats to AFRM and ADB Afghanistan operations.
- Develop, institute, and manage appropriate safety and security policies, programs and procedures at AFRM to provide full security oversight and support to staff and operations.
- Liaise with the United Nations (UN) to ensure compliance and accountability in accordance with the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding regarding the coordination of security arrangements between the ADB and the UN.
- Oversee security arrangements for visiting missions at AFRM and in the field.
- Review and help develop plans and other security arrangements related to ADB operations in Afghanistan in cooperation with the government and development partners.
- Provide timely and appropriate advice and responses to emergency security threat situations. Supervise and coordinate actions to provide continuing review and contingency planning to enable operations in the event of natural disasters, civil disorder, conflict and/or terrorist problems affecting AFRM.
- Disseminate appropriate and timely security and safety related information to personnel.
- Oversee and provide security and emergency related training and conduct drills for ADB staff.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Security Management, International Relations, Political Science, International Law or related fields. University degree in Security Management, International Relations, Political Science, International Law or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in managing security programs and liaison with military or police authorities in a government organization, international institution, corporation, or other relevant organization.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure to the international security arena dealing with safety and security issues
- Solid understanding of international security structures and practices, in particular, a good understanding of the UN and other international organization security structures is required
For more information, visit the official site.