The Food and Agriculture Organization invites application to occupy the post of a policy officer who will report to the FAO Representative and receives guidance on technical issues from FIRST Manager (FAO HQ).
- Provides technical and policy advice and/or support to the Government and relevant stakeholders in the development and implementation of their policies and programmes for improved food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture;
- Advocates strategic partnerships, best practices, and policy dialogue in support of enhanced policies and governance for food, nutrition security and sustainable agriculture;
- Plans, organizes and participates in capacity development plans and activities involving the provision of technical advice and assistance, and oversees the development of related materials;
- Interacts with UN Regional and Country teams to improve cross-sectoral policies and strategies concerning food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture;
- Analyses global and country specific requirements, organizes and leads an in-depth assessment of the policy and institutional framework of food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture and identifies areas for improvements;
- Organizes and participates relevant meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences, advocates strategic partnerships, best practices, and increase policy dialogue and develop and negotiate effective collaboration;
- Prepares reports to FAO, the European Union and the Government on progress achievement and issues related to FIRST implementation;
- Designs and participates in resource mobilization activities.
- Advanced university degree in agricultural economics, development economics, food security nutrition and/or sustainable agriculture or related area;
- Seven years of relevant experience in policy analysis and advice related to food and nutrition security and/or sustainable agriculture policy;
- Working knowledge of English and Russian.
- Results Focus;
- Building Effective Relationships;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports clearly and concisely;
- Extent and relevance of experience in policy analysis and advice related to food and nutrition security and/or sustainable agriculture policy in the context of the CIS;
- Demonstrated ability to build networks and partnerships with parties outside of own team and organization in order to achieve set objectives.
How to apply: To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
For more information, visit the official site.