The Group of Thirty (G30), a small, non-profit, think tank that focuses on international financial matters, is currently seeking an Office Manager. The G30 seeks a dynamic individual to help coordinate the day-to-day operations of the office; support the Executive Director and Deputy Director in preparation and execution of the Group’s meetings, seminars, and events; manage the backend publication process for the G30 Occasional Paper series; supervise the G30 internship program; maintain the Group’s website and social media presence; and serve as the first line of communication for members, subscribers, and vendors.
- Events & Seminars: the Office Manager will work closely with the Deputy Director to coordinate logistics for semi-annual meetings, seminars, and ad hoc luncheons, dinners, and other small events, ensuring the events run smoothly and to the highest standard. Some travel required.
- Publications: the Office Manager oversees the Group’s Occasional Paper series, guiding papers from submission to publication, including communicating with author(s), working with the G30 editor, graphic design team, and printer, and drafting press releases. The Office Manager also assists in editing and proofreading the reports from G30 Working Groups. The Office Manager coordinates distribution of all G30 publications.
- Website: the Office Manager maintains and updates the G30 website through the content management platform, ExpressionEngine.
- Communications: the Office Manager handles all incoming calls, including calls from administrative offices of senior-level officials, G30 contributors and subscribers, and vendors. The Office Manager also maintains contact with G30 member offices, keeping them updated on events, publications, and other matters. In addition, the Office Manager creates and distributes the Group’s “Monthly Mailer,” to more than 2,500 subscribers.
- Day-to-day operation of the office: the Office Manager maintains the office by ordering supplies, arranging necessary repairs, troubleshooting IT problems, scheduling use of the common spaces, and organizing office operations. The Office Manager provides accounting support including issuing invoices, handling cash receipts, bank deposits, and tracking credit card purchases at the end of each month. The Office Manager is also asked to handle the day-to-day supervision of the Group’s internship program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in international economics, international relations, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Event planning or logistics coordination experience.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- International experience gained through living and working abroad, and/or educational experience abroad.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access is required.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Website management experience is preferred.
How to apply: Applications are submitted here