District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve 520 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-9. We will move to the Walter Reed campus in 2017 where we will grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
- Inspire and enable teachers to achieve maximum student learning.
- Articulate a clear instructional vision with a school-wide focus on teaching and learning that is evidence-based, data-driven, standards-aligned and rooted in a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Lead an IB MYP and DP school to World School accreditation based on the most recent understanding about learning, including processes which address developing, implementing and monitoring curriculum and learner progress.
- Be a ‘leader of learning’ who fosters a vision and practical culture of maximum learning and development of potential for the full range of diverse learners.
- Develop and maintaining a purposeful school culture that supports a rich, safe and effective learning environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to use instruction to reach student achievement goals.
ndidates should demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
- A Master’s or other advanced degree in Education Leadership or related field
- Experience in urban education/diverse environments
- At least 3 years teaching experience, preferably at the secondary level
- Experience/training in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework
- Experience in language immersion environment: Bilingualism strongly preferred
- Experience leading and managing teachers
- Knowledge of best practices for students who receive special education or ELL
- Understanding of the public charter school landscape in DC
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both orally and in writing
How to apply: Applications are submitted here