Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
Responsible for the daily operation of the Visitor Center and execution of the strategic plans, polices, and goals within the context of a WBG and GSD’s resources and facility.
• Ensure that the facility and exhibits are maintained in a manner that preserves, professional center standards, safety, and welcoming environment for diverse audiences in compliance with the WBG guideline.
• Recommend VC operation guidelines and workflow for content acquisition and exhibition management, initiate exhibit concepts and schedule, and develop educational programming and outreach.
• Facilitate the work of graphic producers, physical designers and fabricators, and media designers and producers with appropriate script and asset information; review design, production, and installation to ensure fidelity to narrative intent. Perform regular, quality control reviews of onsite installations.
• Oversee retail operations including display and replenishment to ensure that they align with the WBG standards and take advantage of the unique opportunity to generate revenues through WBG publications and merchandise sales.
• Recruit and Manage Volunteers
• Masters’ degree in Communications, International Affairs/Development, Museum Studies, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in management, administration, and exhibition handling at institutional visitor center/ museum/ gallery.
• Knowledge and experience with traditional, print, social, and digital, interactive, and other forms of media to bring visitors to the center and to drive attraction.
• Exceptional English written and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of French, Spanish or other core World Bank languages such as Arabic, Chinese, and Russian is preferred.
• Understanding trends and familiar with various global development topics, knowledge on international development institutions.
• Project Management – Understands and utilizes the basic concepts of project management, as they relate to the implementation of a project.
How to apply: Applications are submitted online via the official site.
For more information, visit the official site.