The CNN is looking for an anchor producer to join the Inside Politics team in Washington and work with John King.
- Editorial backbone for anchor-flagging news and elements to keep the anchor abreast of latest political storylines.
- Pitching, researching, planning show segments and digital & social media projects as needed.
- Identifying new reporting, video and graphic elements and helping to research and produce Magic Wall segments.
- Crafting compelling questions and producing elements that spark debate, and marrying them together in a smart segment structure.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams
- olitical news background required; show and digital experience is a plus.
- Two years of broadcast producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience preferred.
- Desktop and digital editing skills.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly and in an organized manner.
- Excellent writing and researching skills – style, language, accuracy and balance.
- Ability to think quickly during breaking news, ability to adapt to program and anchor style.
- Attitude – must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision – ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter – ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
For more information, visit the official site.