The Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine (IDM) is offering Postdoctoral and Early-Career Fellowships to fund African research.
Scholarship Benefits: The Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at R250,000 p/a and the Early-Career Fellowships at R500,000 p/a. Fellowships are initially awarded for one (1) year, and are renewable up to three (3) years total, subject to satisfactory academic progress, compliance with the conditions of award, and on the availability of funds.
Postdoctoral Fellowships: Applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowships are invited from candidates who:
- • have previously been awarded a Carnegie PhD or Postdoctoral Fellowship through the Next Generation of Academics in Africa (NGAA) programme;
- • are a national of any African country;
- • achieved their doctoral degree no more than 5 years ago and/or have completed no more than 2 years of postdoctoral training; and
- • are currently registered or intend to register as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UCT, linked* to the IDM.
How to apply:
- a completed application form (see below);
- • PhD certificate or equivalent documentation (including proof of MBChB where applicable).
Deadline: 23rd May 2017.
For more information, visit the official page.