The Clinton Foundation is looking to hire a Foreign Policy Associate. Job location is New York, USA.
The Foreign Policy Associate is responsible for research, writing, and conducting in-depth media analyses to prepare briefings for management meetings and other documents for internal use. In addition, the Associate will administer the daily operations of the Department, and provide administrative support for the Director of Foreign Policy.
Research and Writing
With guidance from the Director and in coordination with other departments, research and draft briefings for international travel and meetings/events, compile weekly and biweekly reports on a variety of topics, and produce thorough and reliable vetting reports on individuals and organizations, with additional analysis and writing on an as-needed basis. Also proactively monitor topics important to the work of the Foundation’s international programs.
-Administrative duties include filing, expenses, phone work, letter writing, and any other tasks as needed.
– Manage Foreign Policy Director’s calendar; organize and schedule daily activities and meetings
-Arrange details of travel schedule; assemble and track travel expenses and reimbursements; communicate regularly with financial staff on details of reimbursements and expenses
-Handles mail and phone calls; receives visitors and staff.
-Serve as a point of contact for the Foreign Policy Department internally. Ensure timely, accurate, and concise responses to internal suggestions and requests.
-Maintains and expands databases on relevant subject matter, statistics, and forecasts as necessary.
-With guidance from the Director and with the utmost discretion, assist Senior Associate in communicating in a timely manner with external parties such as foreign government officials, Foundation partners, individuals, organizations with questions about the Foundation.
-Serve as point of contact for the general public, fielding foreign policy related Foundation inquiries.
-When appropriate, join the Director in meetings with external parties, take notes, summarize minutes, and assist in follow-up steps.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred –in international affairs, business, law, or related field.
- At least 2 years related work experience, preferably in private sector and/or international affairs.
- Strong interest in international affairs, including familiarity of international organizations and governments, private sector, and non-governmental organizations and global/regional trends.
- High level of judgment required, ability to work independently, and to collaborate effectively. Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and remain calm / positive. Cultural sensitivity required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required; understanding of international business, politics, development, and law helpful. Foreign language proficiency helpful, particularly Spanish/French/Arabic
- Experience providing administrative support and working closely with senior leadership in an office environment is a plus.
- Flexibility to work long hours with minimal advance notice
- Significant Computer Work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demand.
- Travel as needed, which may require walking distances, lifting & carrying luggage and boxes, and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
- Assist at events which may require standing for long-periods of time.
Interested and qualified applicants are to visit the online application portal to apply for this job.