The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Director to design and implement democracy assistance programs in Eurasia. The position is based in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Oversee in collaboration with Estonia-based staff the design and implementation of NDI’s programs and consultations with civic and political leaders as well as elected and other government officials;
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of professional and support staff in the field office;
- Maintain relationships with key partners in civil society, government and the donor community;
- Oversee the development, review and timely submission of program-related materials, including regular reports that describe activities, measure and evaluate program results, and report on political developments in the region that may affect program outcomes; and
- Ensure adherence to NDI-DC and host country policies and procedures, as well as adherence to funder/donor regulations, ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field of study related to political science, international development, or international affairs.
- Minimum fourteen (14) years substantive political experience, with particular emphasis on campaign and election management and organization, voter contact, message development and communications, fundraising and volunteer recruitment for candidates, parties and/or politically-oriented civic organizations. Previous experience to support citizen election monitoring and voter education strongly desired.
- Experience in program management and monitoring and evaluation, especially implementing USAID- and non-USG-funded democratic development programs.
- Solid personnel management, leadership and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of ICT applications and vehicles for political mobilization, training and distance learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic communities.
- Ability to communicate and adapt skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor and consultant.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; Russian language a plus.
- Familiarity with Google platform and applications is required.
- Experience living and working overseas and an ability to work in a challenging environment is highly desirable, as is previous experience in Central and Eastern Europe and/or Eurasia.
Interested and qualified applicants are to apply via the official job application page.