Save the Children Group, the world’s leading independent organisation for children working in 120 countries is in need of an Education Cluster Co-Coordinator to provide leadership and guidance to the Education Cluster and enable Education partners to respond more effectively to the Education needs of the Iraqi and Syrian refugee children affected by the conflict.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ of work experience in Education in humanitarian, emergency settings.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Human rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science and/or similar related field.
- Previous experience in emergency response coordination is essential (e.g. clusters and/or sectors).
- Previous experience in Advocacy and in the Monitoring and Reporting Mechanisms (MRM) an asset.
- Good knowledge of international human rights and humanitarian law, particularly concerning protection of IDPs and refugees.
- Good knowledge of and experience in using inter-agency standards and guidelines on Education, including international legal framework with a focus on IDPs and refugees issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Experience in the region.
- Language skills in Arabic/Kurdish.
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the application page to apply
Application deadline is Wednesday 6th July 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.