A is currently needed to join the Public Diplomacy team at the Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in London.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post will include:
- Daily monitoring of national and international press relating to Ethiopia and distributing press clippings to all staff
- Daily monitoring UK Parliament Hansard
- Dealing with enquiries from the press and general public, courteously and efficiently, passing on queries to the relevant person, as appropriate.
- To ensure the Embassy website is up to date with news, events and other documents.
- Updating and developing the Embassy’s online presence through social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.
- Producing, compiling and editing the Embassy’s monthly newsletter
- Developing news stories and press releases
- To assist in the design and preparation of online content and promotional materials
- To assist with the planning and execution of events as well as providing administrative and logistical support including the distribution of invitations
- Maintaining the press office databases and filing systems.
- To promote Ethiopia and the work of the Embassy to key contacts
- To provide any additional administrative support where necessary – In addition to supporting the Public Diplomacy team, you will also provide support to other departments around the Embassy
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in international relations, politics, communications, public relations or marketing is required.
Prior Work Experience: At least one-year previous experience working in a similar role is required.
-Excellent knowledge of current affairs especially matters pertaining to Ethiopian, African and U.K. diplomatic, political and economic affairs is essential.
-Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills.
-Excellent working knowledge of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Instagram) is essential.
-Excellent IT and data management skills, including website management (HTML and CMS), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook) and design software (InDesign, Photoshop or related).
-Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures.
-Some practical experience in a comparable communications post.
-Strong attention to detail.
-Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
-Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
-Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
-Working knowledge of Amharic.
-Ability to draw on professional contacts, especially within the UK media and political environment.
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit the following to: email@example.com.
- Covering letter, no more than one side of A4, outlining suitability for the role and how you meet the above requirements
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Legal right to work in the UK
Interviews are expected to commence a week following the closing date.
For more information, visit the official page.