Applications are currently on for the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) funded by the Government of New Zealand. The aim of the scholarship is to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
The scholarship awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand.
In addition candidates must meet the following requirements;
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
5. You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Interested and qualified candidates are to download are to download and complete the application form and submit to Education New Zealand:
+64 4 472 0788
Level 5, 160 Lambton Quay
PO Box 12041
along side the relevant documents contained below;
Application deadline is 15 July 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.