DAAD through Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (MILPC) is offering a full tuition waiver scholarships to students from developing countries to undertake Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.
-A monthly stipend of EUR 750.00.
-Additional payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
– Study and research allowance
-A mandatory two-month German course
The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
To be qualified for this scholarship, candidates, must
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- You received your latest degree no more than six years ago.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account). To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by the time the program starts in October. In any case, the experience must have been gained after the completion of your first university degree.
- Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements. I
Interested and qualified candidates are to follow the guidelines below to apply.
- Please refer to the DAAD program brochure 2017/18 and read the information carefully.
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail.
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC (please refer to the How to Apply page).
- When you come to the end of the online application form, check “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically (please refer to the Financial Assistance Application Instructions).
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided.
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (please refer to the DAAD brochure; NB: the MIPLC does not require a research proposal). You only have to submit one copy of each document, even if a document, e.g. your CV, is required by both MIPLC and DAAD.
- Make sure that your file is complete, including all three application forms
(the MIPLC application form for admission; the MIPLC application form for financial assistance, and the DAAD application form for the scholarship)
and all the required documents. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Please note that we only need the original application package, no additional copies.
- Make copies of all application documents. If your are awarded the scholarship, you will have to upload electronic copies of these documents to the DAAD’s system.
- Send your application: Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC;
Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
Ph. +49 (0) 89 242 46-5321
Fax +49 (0) 89 242 46-522
Applicants from Cameroon, are to submit their applications through the German Embassy in your country. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by October 15 of the year preceding the program start (or July 31, if you are from Cameroon and therefore have to submit your application to the German Embassy).
All applications closes October 15, 2016.
Applicants from Cameroon have to submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country. The deadline for applications is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2016, for the 2017/18 intake.
For more information, visit the official page.