Transparency International (TI), a global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption requires the services of a Regional Coordinator at its Secretariat Berlin, Germany.
• Monitor the political situation, anti-corruption developments, reputational risks and media opportunities in assigned countries to provide timely information to the Regional Director, Programme Coordinators, Rapid Response Unit, SAFE Unit, and Communications Department – and to provide locally relevant anti-corruption insights to internal and external stakeholders
• Engage in Chapters’ national level advocacy and campaigns work while being able to respond to direct enquiries from individuals
• Facilitate the provision of TI-S services to assigned Chapters
• Promote and support all aspects of capacity development, citizen engagement, knowledge exchange and governance in the assigned Chapters, including both the overseeing or coordination of regional activities (where appropriate) and Chapter’s own initiatives in these areas
• Identify, assess and develop potential new TI Chapters and partners
• Take active part in media work and interviews at national and regional level, and represent TI in regional institutions and fora
• Work closely with Programme leaders in the Secretariat to build and sustain Chapters ownership of and participation in programmes/projects in which they engage
• Academic degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, journalism, international law, economics, management, or another relevant field
• 5+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in the region, working on issues of good governance, public sector reforms, social development, international development, or institutional capacity-building – alternatively, relevant work experience in a local level NGO with outreach to similar initiatives in other countries in the region
• Demonstrated project management skills (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation, capacity development and/or fundraising an advantage
• Highly developed team work and intercultural communication skills
• Proven media, campaigns and/or advocacy experience
• Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
• Business fluency in English and Spanish are required; proficiency in Portuguese desired
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexibility to adjust and adapt plans and the political skills to deal under pressure in complex in-country environments
• Experience working in at least one country in the Americas region for 3 or more months
• Willingness to travel
Interested and qualified candidates are to a cover letter and CV in English via email (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is 17 July 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.