Secours Islamique France (SIF), a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France is looking for some one to fill the position of an Administration and Finance Coordinator. The job location is Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic.
Administration and finance policy compliance:
• Ensure that the Syrian office finance functions are in line with the SIF global finance policy and established organizational practices
• Ensure that donor rules and regulations are adhered to in finance management of specific projects
• Establish and implement national specific administration and finance systems, and guidelines
Administration and finance staff Management:
• Supervise and oversee all administration and finance staff within country/field offices
• Ensure regular training of the staff on compliance issues and monitor performance
Preparation of project budgets for donor grants:
1. Preparation and revision of program and grant proposals and budgets in line with donor guidelines, and SIF and donor formats
2. Guide finance and non-finance staff in preparation of grant budgets and review the same
3. Review and finalise partner grant budgets ensuring cost effectiveness, clarity of budgets
Establishing effective internal finance controls:
• Ensure that established internal control systems for SIF are in place.
• Oversees the protection of the country’s assets (cash, inventory, NEP) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the authorization matrix for the programs is updated and approvals are in line with the matrix.
Field office support:
• Establish and implement practices to ensure efficient and seamless support and coordination with the field offices
• Undertake regular field office visits in order to support, guide and monitor implementation of internal controls, identify support needs, and train finance and non-finance staff
• Monitor program activities in line with donor proposals and share observations with the concerned team members
Quality admin-finance reporting and documentation:
• Provide monthly admin-financial reports as stipulated with the SIF Finance Manual- ensuring integrity of information and explanations, and timely submission
• Prepare and submit donor reports as and when necessary- ensuring reporting in the due format of the donors, accuracy of information and timely submission
• Analyse finance information to generate information on overall finance management issues
Perform accounting and finance management functions;
• In compliance with SIF policy, establish country policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and foreign currency holdings
• Ensure the development and implementation of a plan to minimize the country’s foreign exchange exposure to currency gains and losses
• Supervises all countries office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
• Minimum 5 years of Previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as mission Finance/administrator
• Experience with donor (ECHO, UN, SDC, CDC,CIDA etc) regulations, budgets and reporting requirements
• Experience in overseeing budgets above USD 5 million
• Demonstrated experience in working with computerized accounting systems preferably in SAGA, standard spread sheet and database programs
• Willingness and ability to undertake field travel to, and spend quality time monitoring operations
• Must be a patient and excellent communicator who can function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages and background.
• Must be sincerely committed to staff coaching, training and mentorship, with demonstrated success in this area.
• Knowledge and background of Region as well as Arabic will be a distinct advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
• Wages to be defined according to profile + per diem
• 1 year contract
• 2 days of paid vacation per month
• Return ticket provided, at the beginning and at the end of the mission (only for the country of origin) Vacation period of one week, each three months (salary maintained)
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their resume and Cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is August 4th, 2016