The Centre of Excellence for Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CoE-CRVS), an initiative which is part of International Development Research Centre’s (IDRC) Maternal and Child Health Program which supports solutions that promote the quality and accountability of health services for the most vulnerable is currently in seeking the services of a Senior Program Specialist or Officer.
-Play a leadership role in developing and implementing the CoE-CRVS.
-Work across the global portfolio of countries engaged in the CoE-CRVS initiative,
-Identify critical issues in CRVS systems and provide intellectual leadership to deliver on the successful implementation of the initiative.
-Lead in developing, managing, and evaluating a portfolio of CRVS related projects, ensuring their alignment within the broader Global Financing Facility.
-Liaise with international and Canadian institutions and agencies to support the best practice function of the CoE-CRVS.
- PhD or a Masters with significant work experience and a record of program or project implementation in a relevant health or social science discipline
- Eight (8) years’ relevant health information systems experience, with a focus on civil registration and/or vital statistics as it pertains to maternal and child health, which includes:
- leading, managing and undertaking research, analysis and/or projects;
- assessing capacity development needs and strengthening capacities through mentoring, supervision, and brokering expert support;
- establishing and building partnerships with development organizations including multilaterals, research organizations, funding agencies, and end users; and
- working with multiple stakeholders, and building bridges between researchers, decision-makers and policy actors to influence public policy and practice.
- Experience in developing countries such as Africa, Asia or Latin America and the Caribbean is a definite asset
Candidates with less experience may be considered for appointment at the level of Senior Program Officer (CA$ 90,377 – 108,888).
- Superior English language communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of the global public health arena, donor landscape, and regional institutions, including health and social policy issues
- Technical expertise in the area of health systems including health information systems, civil registration and vital statistics and primary health care research
- Understanding of capacity development and development policy challenges in low- and middle-income countries
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Initiative, sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Results-oriented with superior organizational, problem-solving, budgeting, implementing, and monitoring skills
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to change and work under pressure
- Ability to identify opportunities in a creative and innovative manner, to influence and negotiate
- Ability to effectively represent an organization at the national and international level
- Ability to work in and with multidisciplinary teams from diverse cultures, expertise and experiences.
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit HERE to apply.
You are to provide a cover letter along with your CV, setting out precise examples of how your experience, qualifications, and skills match those required for this position.
Application closes 27th July, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.