University of Aldeide International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are for international students from any country that possess a First Class Honours result or equivalent to support their study towards a Postgraduate Degree by Research in areas of University research strength.
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- All successful IPRS applicants will also receive an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) which provides an annual living allowance of $26,288 as at 2016 for the normal duration of the program; and
- For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- IPRS scholarships can only be awarded to applicants applying to study in an area of university research strength.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- To be eligible for an IPRS scholarship an applicant must not have held an AusAID scholarship within the 2 years prior to commencing the IPRS, and not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Commonwealth Government makes a substantial contribution.
- IPRS holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide by 31 August.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
The applications are in three rounds. Interested and qualified candidates are to visit HERE to apply.
Last Day to Apply: 31 August 2016
Last Day to Enrol: 30 June 2017
Last Day to Apply: 31 January 2017
Last Day to Enrol: 31 August 2017.
Last Day to Apply: 30 April 2017
Last Day to Enrol: 30 November 2017
For more information, visit the official page.