Transparentem, a discreet, non-profit unit that adopts frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods in compliance with international ethical standards and domestic laws to illuminate supply chains and spur eradication of human and environmental abuses is seeking the services of an Analyst to join its investigative team. Job location is New York or Washington, DC.
-Gather and shape intelligence from a broad network of inputs including: public sources and pay-walled databases, shipping records, foreign media, and auditor/regulator reports, as well as documents, recordings, notes, and other information provided by field operators.
-Identify when and how the unit should retain external consultants to expand its knowledge.
– Reports to the managing Principal.
- 2-5 years of experience in an investigative, and/or analytical role
- A solid grounding in human rights, labor, and/or environmental issues
- Experience in requesting and obtaining public records, preferably both within in the U.S. and internationally
- Experience in developing sources on a range of subjects
- Familiarity with an array of financial records, database systems, and relationship mapping software
- A track record of writing for a wide audience
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work autonomously
- A passion for social justice and a strong sense of mission
- Unimpeachable integrity
- A quiet, disciplined approach to sensitive information and rigorous protection of vulnerable sources
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in supply chain analysis (through shipping records, bills of lading, etc) is a definite plus
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in one or more critical languages preferred
Offer: Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the official page.