Applications are on for the University of Huddersfield PhD Scholarships in Business and Management. The scholarships are for Home/UK, EU and International PhD students, who intend to begin their PhD studies for the 2016/2017 academic year.
Each scholarship covers a full tuition at the Home/UK, EU or International student fee rate and a bursary of per annum (£1,200 per month) for a maximum of 3 years (36 months). However, this is subject to satisfactory annual performance and progression review.
- Academic excellence
- A first class or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in an area closely related to the project proposal
- A Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent in an area closely related to the project proposal
- Outstanding analytical, academic writing and English Language skills (at least, an overall academic IELTS test score of 7.5 with no score below 7.0 or equivalent for international or non-native users of English Language).
- An exceptional knowledge of business and management, especially either in the areas of finance and financial services industry, marketing and tourism, sustainability, logistics and supply chains or entrepreneurship and rural enterprises.
- Outstanding quantitative or qualitative data collection and analysis skills, including first class computer skills, knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and/or other qualitative or statistical packages, such as NVivo, SPSS, STATA, and EVIEWS.
- An outstanding research proposal that fits well with the research interests of at least one of these six projects.
- A proven ability to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability and readiness to provide high quality teaching of up to 6 hours per week within the Business School.
- Be able to commence their studies latest by January 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates are to ;
- Complete an exceptional research proposal (maximum of 2,500 words, excluding references and any appendices), covering the following sections: (i) project title; (ii) abstract; (iii) project introduction, motivation and problem statement; (iv) project background or context; (v) project theoretical framework; (vi) project empirical literature review and propositions or hypotheses; (vi) project research design or data and research methodology; (vii) project references; and (vii) a 3-year time-table or plan to completion. The proposal must be in the area of one of these six projects. All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate project team leaders for any questions or clarifications that they may have about the projects before submitting their applications.
- Download and complete the Scholarship form
- Two good academic references
- A current detailed CV, identifying any research employment or experience and, where applicable, details of research conference presentations or publications.
- Transcripts and certificates (copies) of all relevant academic and/or any professional qualifications, including English Language qualifications (e.g., IELTS test score for international or non-native users of English Language applicants).
Completed applications, including all relevant documents requested above should be submitted via-email to the PGR Administrator, Mrs Hannah Spencer-Chung. Email address: email@example.com
The application deadline is September 30th, 2016 (23.59, BST).
For more information, visit the official page.