A Programmne Coordinator is currently needed at Asia Monitor Resource Centre . The main job location is Hong Kong, China with programme locations in East, South and South East Asia. The job will require you to travel extensively.
• To coordinate the programme on capacity building for labour organisations in Asia, particularly China.
• To plan, implement and raise fund for China projects.
• To liaise and coordinate with all partners, including the donors.
• To regularly assess and report on the China projects to the staff committee, donors, Board of Directors and Regional Council of AMRC.
• To attend related partners’ meeting, particularly in China.
• To assist Chinese NGOs in staff development, programme planning and evaluation.
• To campaign for labour rights in China.
• To collect and document China related information, for information request and in house research.
• To conduct project related researches.
• To organise exchange visits, trainings, workshops and conferences.
• To collaborate as needed with other staff members on AMRC’s other thematic programmes.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an activist, working on labour rights with experience in China;
• Knowledge of Asian labour relations and the labour movement, especially of China;
• Proven research and analytical skills with demonstrated writing abilities on the issue;
• Ability to think critically and politically, and problem-solving skills with minimal resources and a corresponding ability to draft and implement budgets for regional projects and initiatives;
• Experience in promoting teamwork and working collaboratively in a multicultural context;
• Good written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua) and English communication skills;
• Ability to communicate in other Asian languages would be welcome;
• Ability to bring together diverse interests across boundaries of race, class, gender, sexuality and nationality in collaborative and creative ways;
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their CVs with a cover letter that describes their experiences and expertise to email@example.com.
Application deadline is 31st July, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.