C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group is currently seeking the services of a Mobility Management Project Officer to join its team at Beijing. The salary us up to 170,000 RMB per annum depending on experience.
• Facilitate outreach to Chinese cities who are interested in the Mobility Management Network, by working closely with the C40 East Asia Regional Director and Deputy Director
• Manage relationships with Chinese cities as they participate in network interactions, and acting as the first point of contact for them
• Carry out discussions, or supporting the Network Manager in carrying out discussions, with Chinese cities interested in the Mobility Management Network
• Review the network deliverables (including planned interactions, webinars and written materials) and contributing content and context relevant to Chinese cities, as necessary. Undertake research activities as needed, to help deliver this
• Undertake outreach to relevant local partners and institutions, as needed, to help deliver outcomes for the Mobility Management network
• Where necessary, providing informal English to Mandarin translation on email communications or interactions. Note, formal translation of network deliverables will be carried out by professional translators, although assistance in reviewing the quality of translation will be required
• Other reasonable tasks as they arise for the successful maintenance of relationships with the network.
• Experience in managing professional relationships with Chinese government actors, including data gathering, providing information and scheduling meetings
• Experience in implementing projects or strategies, including delivering against milestones in a fastpaced environment
• Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
• Strong Mandarin language skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of transport policy, transport economics, public transport implementation and/or sustainable urban planning
• Knowledge of different Chinese city policies in transport demand management or urban planning, preferred
• Experience of facilitation and collaborative problem solving, preferred
• Experience of working across remote teams working in different timezones, preferred
• Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, preferred.
Applicants must already have the right to work in China. Some international travel will be required.
Interested applicants are to submit their CVs and cover letter in English, stating the current salary to email@example.com.
Application deadline is Monday, 08 August 2016.
For more information, download the official vacancy publication.