The Work and Travel Department of Green Heart International us in need of a Work and Travel Compliance Coordinator. The job location is Chicago, USA.
- Develop knowledge of regulations and compliance protocol
- Develop new compliance resources
- Find new and creative ways to communicate policies and Department of State (DoS) regulations to all program stakeholders
- Serve as an expert on labor codes/regulations, including maintaining minimum wage standard
- Enhance and manage participant support and disciplinary actions
- Draft, review and update internal procedures and processes as needed
- Update CCI Greenheart’s regulations webpage and resources pages for partners, participants, and employers
- Track serious/escalated participant issues
- Maintain list of extra monitoring areas
- Potential of up to 10% travel
- Assist staff in drafting materials and program responses and with subsequent revisions
- Draft DOS incident reports and follow up, as needed. Serve as back-up DOS contact.
- Approve DP/JF employer files and serve as a back-up for SP employer pre-approvals (compliance)
- Work with Partner Relations staff to review partner materials during vetting process on a seasonal basis
- Assist Operations Director with database development
- Do application review, incoming participant, and employer data review and processing during peak season
- Serve as Alternate Responsible Officer in SEVIS
- Manage monthly internal audits including sending assignments, collecting feedback, following up with staff, providing updates during WT@11 meetings, and maintaining audit procedure
- Monitor and maintain participant programs, requiring swift and diplomatic conflict resolution skills
- Conduct regulations training with partners via Go To Meeting
- Conducts staff trainings, assists with and, on occasion, lead weekly blitzes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 2-3 years of experience in compliance-related field
- Team development and training skills
- Managerial skills
- Professional presence and composure
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict management and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate fluidly and professionally with a variety of stakeholders of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking; self-directed and flexible
- Ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and be flexible; willingness to change priorities in an effort to help the team
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, eager to learn and use new technology; previous database skills a plus
- Possess great work ethic, collaborative, outgoing, flexible personality with a willingness to learn; applicant should be a proactive, diligent, positive and a creative self-starter
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
Preferences: Having the experience of living abroad, ability to speak a second language, familiarity with SEVIS system, interest in growing into a supervisory role.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their resume and customized cover letter to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources and Project Coordinator, at HR@greenheart.info. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
For more information, visit the official page.