The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation is offering scholarships to domestic and international undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students.
- You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
- You need a good knowledge of German, and require you provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
- Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
- Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship).
1. Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round
2. Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
3. Register for the online application portal
4. Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
5. After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline.
Application Deadline is September 1st, 2016 for domestic students and March 1st, 2017 for international students.
For more information, visit the official page.