Wellcome Trust is offering Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine for Masters students from low- and middle-income (developing) countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
To be qualified, candidate must;
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine.
In addition, you must also:
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have a demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research)
- have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- have a research proposal that is within our public health and tropical medicine remit.
You can visit the World Bank website(opens in a new tab) to see a list of low- and middle-income countries.
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply online HERE. Meanwhile, you can download a sample full application form for Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine [PDF 2.2MB].
Your application must take up to three to four months to be considered.
Application Deadline is August 30th, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.