European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) an independent EU Authority that was established on 1 January 2011 to enhance investors’ protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets is currently in need of a Security Officer. Job location is Paris, France.
The successful applicant will carry out the following duties:
Develop and maintain the information security policy policies, standards and procedures;
Prepare policy papers, reports and briefing notes as required in the relevant fields of competence;
Provide advice and guidance on the requirements related to information security across the organization;
Contribute to the information security related projects;
Develop and maintain the Business Continuity Plan of ESMA;
Coordinate and lead the execution of the Business Continuity Plan and related activities;
Contribute to the development of document and records management systems at ESMA;
Contribute to the assurance that information risks are managed effectively, collectively and proportionately;
Perform security assessments, inspection, reviews and audits on information systems, to ensure full compliance with ESMA security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines;
Support the coordination of the information security governance and management bodies, including the Security Committee;
Liaise with relevant national and EU security authorities and services on matters related to the information security of the Agency;
Provide awareness sessions on information security issues, threats, vulnerabilities and best practice to ESMA management and staff;
Coordinate and support the work related to Data Protection within the Resources Department;
Any other duties in the area of competence as assigned by the Business Manager;
Coordinate with other teams and departments to validate and govern the implementation of security policies and projects, and
Advise the business and IT departments to identify pertinent security controls.
- Have at least a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of four years attested by a diploma, and after having obtained the diploma, six years of proven professional experience;
- Have at least a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of three years attested by a diploma, and after obtained the diploma, seven years of proven professional experience;
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or the EEA (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland);
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
- Produce the appropriate character references as to their suitability for the performance of their duties;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union, and
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply be sending the following documents, by the specified deadline, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include both CV and motivation letter in English (working language of ESMA);
Application documents must be marked accordingly with the reference number of the vacancy notice (see templates below). CV in the European (Europass) format14, saved as: ESMA_2016_VAC20_AD7_FAMILY NAME_First name_CV Example: ESMA_2016_VAC20_AD7_SMITH_Anna_CV
Motivation letter of no more than 2 pages, explaining the interest and motivation of the candidate for this particular post, saved as: ESMA_2016_VAC20_AD7_FAMILY NAME_First name_Motivation letter.
Deadline is 28th August, 2016.
For more information, download the official vacancy publication.